Tuesday, 20 August 2013

L'Oreal Line of Beauty - Super Liners



L'Oreal's Line of Beauty launch is all about creating that perfect dark eye. I have to say, this is right up my street - I LOVE black eyeliner, and developed my skills in over-use under the unknowing tutelage of my first (and greatest) make-up guru - Nicky Wire. 
Now I'm knocking well on the door of thirty, I do dabble in an age-appropriate brown or a plum line, but I always come back to black, and you only need to put me within sniffing distance of a night-out for me to trowel it on so thick I get pandas chatting me up.


I got sent to try, from top to bottom:
Super Liner Brow Artist in Brunette
Super Liner Blackbuster (you know this was the one I was most excited about, right?)
Super Liner Perfect Slim
Super Liner Gelmatic in Ultra Black


Here you can see the tips of the liners. Below are the swatches - Blackbuster at the top, then Perfect Slim, Gelmatic and Brow Artist. I am wearing all of them in the top picture.

My thoughts:

Blackbuster - This does give a beautiful thick line, though I had to go over twice to make it as ultra-black as I would like. It doesn't take too long to dry, but I found it did run whilst it was drying if you have wet eyes. I can get wet eyes easily (allergies, cold, poking myself in the eye - that sort of thing) and to be honest, I struggled with it. I think a dry-eyed someone more used to these eyeliner marker pens will have a better time. Removal was easy. 

Perfect Slim - I really like this, but you need to be steady handed. I wore this for a day out to Ikea in a thin line with a little flick. The flicks ran when my eyes got wet in the corners (seriously... my eyes are weird. Please tell me other people's eyes do this?) However the line lasted and lasted and looked immaculate at the end of the day. Again, removal was easy.

Gelmatic - This looks like the boring one of the collection, right? But nooooo! I put this on my water lines (and as I have just established, my eyes can tend towards Mancunian levels of dampness) and it stayed put fairly well. But when it eventually began to drift away, it did not float down into my wrinkles like pretty much every other liner. It sat itself neatly in between the lashes and looked smudgy, sexy and perfect. 
I swear, I will wear this almost every day. It's brilliant.  

 Brow Artist - A good brow pencil, not too hard or soft, and with a useful wax pencil on the other end to hold everything in place. It also has a little brush, so pretty much everything you need.


These are all available from Boots or Superdrug for the six or seven pound mark. I think the Brow Artist is a great idea to keep everything you need in one little pencil. But my pick is definitely the Gelmatic, such a fantastic everyday liner, which is also available as far as I can see in Deep Violet and Taupe Grey (I'm totally buying that one!) 

These items were provided for review. This review reflects my honest opinion having used each of these products. 

5 comments:

  1. My eyes do that too. It's annoying, but oh well, lol. These liners look so fun to play with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is soooo annoying isn't it? Esp when you've done perfect make-up and then it starts to run! Oh well. The liners are fun, definitely! x

      Delete
  2. "I am wearing all of them in the top picture" - this made me lol so much; you rock.
    I don't really use much (err, ok - any at all) make up, but I love that "effect" when, as you said, the liner sits in between the lashes - it really does look great! (hmm, there's an idea; put liner on before going to bed, let the weepy, wet eyes do their magic and voila, perfect make up in the morning??:))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a brilliant idea! I love that "worn in" look so much, I reckon that's worth a try! Lol! x

      Delete
  3. I am big fan of L'Oreal. Blackbuster is the best eyeliner ever. Its help me to create catseyes. In my collection other three also have. Thanks for your review on these.

    ReplyDelete

Agree? Disagree? Please leave a comment and make me smile!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...